CMO Robert Brenner, MD, MMM, Speaks on Affordable Care Act
Last updated: Jul 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
By Maureen Bennett for Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group Chief Medical Officer Robert W. Brenner, MD, MMM,
will be an invited panelist
for the NJBiz Health Care Symposium
on Thursday, July 26, 2012,
from 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM
at Kean University
1075 Morris Avenue
in Union, New Jersey.
Dr. Brenner will join speakers from the New Jersey Business and Industry Association; McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP; Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey; Children's Specialized Hospital; and Morristown Memorial Hospital to discuss the effect of health care reform on employers and their businesses.
Rutgers University State Health Policy Center Director Joel Cantor will moderate the panel. Cooper University Hospital Institute for Urban Health Director and Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers Executive Director Jeffrey Brenner, MD, will deliver a keynote address.
Points of the discussion will include:
- What employers should expect when they want to purchase or renew health benefit plans
- How health care reform is changing health benefit plans
- How employers can responsibly implement coverage for dependents given the extension to people age 26 years
- Tax credits that can subsidize the cost of employee health care coverage
Robert Brenner, MD, MMM, is a spokesperson on the topic of health care reform, what it means for patients and physicians, and on the meaningful use of health information technologies. He has been featured on Fox Business News and In Full View as well as in The Alternative Press, Daily Record, NJBiz, NJSpotlight, and New Jersey Monthly.
Before joining Summit Medical Group as Medical Director in 2006, Dr. Brenner was a lead hospital administrator and Chairman of Family Medicine with Atlantic Health System at Mountainside Hospital in Montclair, New Jersey. Under his direction, the Mountainside Hospital Family Practice Residency Program became one of the most competitive residencies in New Jersey. Dr. Brenner also has been Director of the Outpatient Ambulatory Center and Associate Residency Director at Somerset Medical Center in Somerset. He has been a physician in private practice in Westfield, New Jersey.
Read articles with Dr. Brenner's comments on health care reform:
- Summit Medical Group Lowering the Number of Hospital Readmissions to Well Below State Average
- What the ACA Ruling Means for New Jersey
- Local Medical Professionals Hail Decision on Health Care
- Summit Medical Group CMO Supports Decision on Health Care Reform
- Health Care Continues to Wait on Supreme Court Decision
For information about the NJBiz Health Care Symposium,
please visit NJBiz.com
or call 980-246-5713.