Health Tip: Get Needed Vitamins and Minerals
Here's where to find them
(HealthDay News) -- A diet rich in vitamins and minerals is an important part of staying healthy and feeling well.
Here is a list of important vitamins and minerals to include in your diet, and how to get them, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Calcium, which is found in yogurt, cheese, milk and other dairy products; sardines, salmon and perch; soybeans and white beans; spinach and oatmeal.
- Potassium, which is found in sweet potatoes, seafood, fruits including bananas, peaches and honeydew; beans and dairy products.
- Magnesium, which is found in vegetables, bran, beans, tofu, brown rice and nuts.
- Vitamin A, which is found in the meat organs such as liver and giblets; vegetables such as pumpkin, sweet potatoes and spinach; and cantaloupe.
- Vitamin C, which is found in oranges, grapefruit, kiwi, strawberries, cantaloupe, guava and papaya; and vegetables such as red and green peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes.
- Vitamin E, which is found in nuts and seeds, turnip greens, peanut butter and spinach.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.