Health Tip: Sciatica Pain During Pregnancy
Suggestions that may help
(HealthDay News) -- As the developing baby inside you grows, it can begin to press on a sciatic nerve. This can cause pain that can extend from your lower back to your foot.
Here are suggestions to help reduce sciatica pain during pregnancy, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Whenever you can, lie down on the side that is pain-free.
- Try not to stand for too long at a time.
- If you must stand, stand on one foot, with the other lifted and resting on something.
- Don't lift anything heavy.
- Try swimming.
- Apply a heating pad or cold pack to the area.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.