Health Tip: The Importance of Good Posture
It can help you feel better
(HealthDay News) -- Posture is important in everything you do. Bad posture can lead to back pain, and even make you feel more tired than usual.
The American Physical Therapy Association offers these guidelines to help you maintain good posture:
- When standing, your body should be vertically aligned, with a straight spine and head, and a straight line from your ankles to your knees, hips, shoulders and ears.
- Keep your shoulders and hips level, and knees facing straight ahead when you walk or stand.
- There should be a slight inward curve to your lower back when standing.
- Stand with your abdomen flat.
- When you sit, use the back of the chair for support, and keep your feet on the floor.
- Sit up straight, with your head up. Don't lean forward.
Copyright © 2009 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.