Health Tip: Why Do My Joints Hurt?
Here are possible causes
(HealthDay News) -- Joint pain and stiffness are classic symptoms of osteoarthritis, but there are many other factors that can make your joints hurt.
The University of Maryland Medical Center says other causes of joint pain include:
- An autoimmune disease, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Gout, which commonly causes pain the big toe.
- Bursitis, an inflammation of the sac between a bone and tendon.
- Diseases such as chickenpox, the flu or Lyme disease.
- A joint injury.
- Tendinitis, an inflamed tendon.
- An overuse injury, or suffering a strain or sprain.
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.