Choose one of our special categories to view or subscribe
Health Tip: Taking the Kids for a Shopping Cart Ride
First, they must be buckled in
(HealthDay News) -- More than 20,000 children are hurt each year in incidents stemming from shopping carts, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
The academy offers these suggestions for parents before the ride begins:
- Children should always be securely buckled into the cart.
- Children should remain seated while in the cart.
- Children should never ride outside of the cart.
- Children should always keep their feet and hands inside the cart.
- Children shouldn't ride in a cart unless a responsible adult is pushing it.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.