Choose one of our special categories to view or subscribe
Health Tip: Work on Good Posture
Your feet should rest flat on the floor
(HealthDay News) -- If you have lower back pain, sitting at an office desk all day can aggravate your symptoms.
The University of Michigan Health System offers these suggestions for managing back pain at work:
- Make sure your feet are flat on the floor, either by adjusting the seat or using a footrest.
- If your chair doesn't offer sufficient lower back support, place a rolled towel or small cushion behind you.
- Make sure your reading materials are at eye level.
- Set up your desk so all supplies are easily reached; don't lean, bend or twist at the waist.
- Take regular breaks to stand up, stretch and move around.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.