Health Tip: Make TV Time Exercise Time
Walk around during commercials
(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to give up television watching just to lead a more active lifestyle.
The American Council on Exercise suggests these ways to exercise while you're watching TV:
- Don't use your remote. Instead, get up off the couch to change the channel.
- During commercial breaks, walk up and down the stairs, or walk around the room.
- Work out using a resistance band.
- Invest in a treadmill, so you can work out while you watch.
- Iron your clothes while watching.
- Instead of lounging on the couch, sit on a stability ball.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.