Choose one of our special categories to view or subscribe
Health Tip: Stay Safe at the Playground
Use the equipment as designed
(HealthDay News) -- Kids love the playground, and parents love the fresh air, exercise and socializing.
But an injury during horseplay or improper use of the equipment can put a damper on all of the fun.
The Nemours Foundation says many of the thousands of playground injuries each year are preventable. Here are the foundation's recommendations:
- Avoid rough play or pushing near any playground equipment.
- Use all equipment as designed.
- Store bikes, backpacks and other bags away from the playground to avoid tripping hazards.
- Don't use equipment that is damp or wet. Check the equipment before use to make sure it isn't too hot to sit on or touch.
- Don't wear jewelry or clothing that has drawstrings or cords, which may become caught.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.