Health Tip: Signs That You Have a Hearing Problem
If you can't hear when on the phone
(HealthDay News) -- Hearing loss is among the most common conditions in older people, the Cleveland Clinic says, affecting about one-third of people 60 or older and half of those older than 85.
Do you have the condition? Here is the clinic's list of possible warning signs:
- Difficulty hearing people on the telephone.
- Problems hearing when there is background noise.
- Straining to follow a conversation.
- Thinking that most people are mumbling, and frequently asking others to repeat themselves.
- Frequently misunderstanding what others say.
- Difficulty understanding children and women, or needing to turn the TV volume up very loud.
- Frequently hearing a hissing, roaring or ringing sound.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.