Health Tip: Don't Let Allergies or Asthma Spoil Summer Fun
Take medication before you have symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Before you head out to your summer gathering, plan ahead to avoid having allergies or asthma ruin your day.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology offers these suggestions:
- Take allergy medication before symptoms start, when the medication is much more effective.
- Don a pair of wraparound sunglasses to help keep pollen from your eyes.
- Avoid stinging insects, especially if you've reacted to stings in the past.
- Carefully inspect food for ingredients to which you're allergic. Be especially cautious of mixed salads, dressings and marinades.
- Stay in the middle of wide open spaces, avoiding any poison ivy lurking around the perimeter.
- Carry an inhaler if you have asthma.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.