Health Tip: Finding Protein in Foods
Here are good sources
(HealthDay News) -- Protein is an important part of your diet because it helps build lean muscle.
The American Dietetic Association says preferred choices for protein include:
- Beans, lentils, peas and other legumes.
- Seeds, nuts and nut butters (such as peanut butter).
- Lean cuts of chicken, turkey and beef.
- Seafood, including salmon, tuna and shrimp.
- Cheese, yogurt and eggs.
- Tofu and other soy-based foods, and meat substitutes such as tempeh.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.