Choose one of our special categories to view or subscribe
Health Tip: Make Exercise a Social Activity
Take a walk with friends
(HealthDay News) -- Social relationships are important, especially for seniors. Incorporating social activity into physical activity offers physical and emotional benefits.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to make physical activity more social:
- Ask your friends to join you for a hike and a picnic in a park.
- Join a team sport (such as softball, soccer or tennis) and play with your friends.
- Gather a group of friends to start a walking group, and enjoy conversation and different routes while you exercise.
- Participate in a group dance class or a group fitness class.
- Ask some friends if they would like to join you in small-group training sessions with a certified fitness trainer.
- Head out on an active vacation with a group of friends or family.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.