Health Tip: Be a Dust Buster
And help prevent allergies and asthma
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your home as dust-free as possible goes a long way to preventing many allergy and asthma symptoms.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions:
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter -- or vacuum when your child is out of the home -- to avoid worsening child allergy or asthma symptoms.
- At least once weekly, mop hard-surface floors and wipe down furniture, blinds and decorations with a damp cloth.
- During outdoor allergy season, keep windows closed and run the air conditioner.
- Use a HEPA air cleaner in the home.
- Use a dehumidifier to dry out the air and help prevent growth of mold.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.