Choose one of our special categories to view or subscribe
Health Tip: Are You Overtraining?
Performance decline is a primary symptom
Topics: Exercise: Misc
(HealthDay News) -- When it comes to exercise, as with any other activity, it's possible to overdo it.
The American Council on Exercise says if you feel more exhausted than energized after a workout, you may be overtraining. The council offers these additional potential warning signs:
- Seeing a decrease in performance.
- Experiencing a loss of coordination.
- Having headaches, stomach aches or other gastrointestinal problems.
- Having frequent infections and more frequent muscle or bone injuries.
- Having an elevated resting blood pressure and heart rate.
- Having tenderness or soreness in the muscles.
- Losing appetite or having trouble sleeping.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.