Last updated: Jun 10, 2012
Reviewed by Susan Canonico, RD
Try this low-fat, low-calorie, heart-healthy recipe for a high-protein, quick, and delicious lunch or dinner!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- 1 jar of peach mango salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 cans of black beans, drained
- 1 medium to large onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fat-free sour cream
- I cup of whole grain rice (prepare per directions)
- Begin cooking your whole grain rice first so that it is ready when your chicken salsa is cooked.
- Saute the chicken breasts in olive oil until they are lightly browned and mostly cooked.
- Add and lightly saute onion slices.
- Add tumeric.
- Add salsa.
- Add drained beans.
- Mix the chicken, onions, tumeric, salsa, and beans together.
- Cook mixture for 10 minutes.
- Serve over whole grain rice.
- Top with a tablespoon of fat free sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Serving Size 4 ounces|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3.6g|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.3g||33%|
|Protein 22.5 g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This dish is best served with a fresh, green salad that is topped with a lightly sweetened olive oil dressing!
It is terrific when reheated for nutritious, low-fat leftovers.