Behavioral Health and Cognitive Therapy Center
Life can sometimes be overwhelming. A medical diagnosis, family conflict, work stress, or feelings of anxiety or depression can cause you to struggle with daily activities. When this happens, the behavioral health specialists at Summit Medical Group Behavioral Health and Cognitive Therapy Center can provide the support you need for effective behavioral health management.
Our Behavioral Health Management Services
We offer counseling services for children, adolescents, and adults with a variety of emotional and situational problems. In a warm and welcoming environment, our Center’s behavioral health specialists provide effective short-term individual and family therapy for:
- Chronic pain
- Adjustment to medical conditions
- Grief and loss
- Family conflict
What is cognitive behavioral therapy?
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a treatment approach that helps you change your thoughts about and reactions to negative situations. For example, if a negative conversation with a friend leaves you feeling down, cognitive behavioral techniques can help you redirect your thoughts and change your negative reaction to the conversation. How you think has a strong effect on how you feel. When you are not aware of what you are thinking, you risk repeating negative thoughts that cause depression and anxiety.
Cognitive behavioral therapy has been proven effective in more than 400 clinical studies. For this reason, our experienced behavioral health specialists, including psychologists, psychiatrists, and licensed clinical social workers, use CBT to target negative thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors that cause and sustain unwanted symptoms.
CBT helps you:
- Change your thoughts, beliefs, ideas, attitudes, assumptions, mental imagery, and the things on which you focus. This is the cognitive, or thinking part of CBT
- Face the challenges in your life calmly and then take actions that are likely to have good results. This is the behavioral, or action part of CBT
Cognitive behavioral therapy differs from other kinds of therapy because it:
- Emphasizes results: It helps you define your goals, plan ways to accomplish the goals, and encourages you to check your progress
- Is short-term: Depending on your problem and how hard you work to change your thoughts and behaviors, you often can achieve your goals in less than 20 sessions
- Focuses on self-help: It helps you learn ways to manage your life better
Our highly skilled clinicians will develop a practical and achievable treatment plan that is tailored to your needs and builds on your strengths.
Our Psychiatry and Medication Management Service
Our psychiatry staff offers short-term medication evaluation and treatment. Our goal is to diagnose your condition and identify the correct medications to treat your symptoms. Once you are stablized on your medication, we will refer you to your primary care physician or non-Summit Medical Group psychiatrist to provide ongoing medication refills and management.
We require that all new medication management patients obtain a consult care request from their Summit Medical Group primary care practitioner.
Read more about cognitive behavioral therapy.
Day and evening hours are available.
- Phone Number: