Occupational Medicine at Summit Medical Group provides an integrated, proactive, and preventive approach to workplace health that can protect your company’s most valuable asset—your employees.
Because work-related injuries can be costly, employee health is important for maintaining a successful business. Occupational Medicine promotes the safety of the work environment as well as the health and welfare of your employees.
Specialists in occupational health may be involved in hygiene, public health, chemistry, engineering, and other aspects of workplace health. They can help identify risks, create safety programs, implement safety standards, teach injury and illness prevention strategies, and treat injuries and illnesses that have occurred at work.
Our program can help business owners minimize revenue losses from work-related injuries, worker’s compensation cases, and employee sick days.
Our expertise in workplace health includes:
- Knowing all regulatory and employment guidelines
- Reducing your employee health medical costs
- Managing return-to-work processes to decrease lost work time and increase productivity
- Profiling your employee population to identify potential risk factors based on job activities and work-related injuries data
- Working with your safety department to identify and address areas needing improvement
Our Occupational Health Services
- Preplacement physicals
- OSHA-mandated surveillance examinations
- Periodic employee health examinations
- Prompt scheduling for illness-on-duty care
- Return-to-work employee health evaluations
- Drug testing for pre-employment, postaccident, DOT, or non-DOT screening with an on-site medical review officer
- Travel medicine consultations and immunizations
- On-site workplace health promotion
- Urgent care
- Work-related injury treatment and case management
- Worker’s compensation care
- On-site rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Independent medical examinations
- Fitness-for-duty examinations
- Certified DOT and FAA examinations
Our Employee Health Consultant Services
- Corporate workplace health evaluations that help us tailor medical services to your needs
- Expert negotiating skills for claims management of disability and worker’s compensation cases
Our Occupational Health Team:
Craig H. Feinberg, MD, and Gloria Dierberger, ANPC.
Seated left to right: Lucy Pitera, Susan Ardito, and Mary O’Neill.