Theorthopedists at Summit Medical Group Orthopedics diagnose and treat conditions involving the musculoskeletal system, including disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Our highly skilled orthopedic doctors and medical staff provide a full spectrum of orthopedic services and musculoskeletal care, including surgical and nonsurgical management.
Our Orthopedic Services
Our orthopedic services include but are not limited to treatment for:
- Arthritis of the hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow
- Fractures and dislocations
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder
- Tendon injuries, including ruptures
- Reconstructive surgery of the hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow
- Rotator cuff injuries of the shoulder
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries of the knee
Follow up for surgical and nonsurgical orthopedic treatment sometimes requires physical therapy to optimize movement for joints and muscles. In cases such as these, our orthopedists partner with Summit Medical Group physical therapists to help patients achieve the best results from their treatment and recovery.
Common Orthopedic Injuries
Fractures — A fracture is a break or crack in a bone. It must be treated by a doctor.
Sprains — Sprains are stretches or tears of ligaments (bands of tissue that connect one bone to another). Sudden twists can stretch and tear ligaments, injuring the joints. Medical attention is needed for sprains and ligament tears unless they are very mild. Knees and ankles are joints that commonly get sprained.
Strains — Strains are stretches, pulls, or tears in muscles. They can be caused during a strenuous workout, practice, athletic game, or long hike. Most muscle injuries can be cared for safely at home.
Bruises — Bruises of muscles (or a charley horse) are the most common injury in contact sports. Muscle bruises can be treated at home. Bone bruises usually follow direct blows to the bone in exposed areas such as the elbow, hip, and knee.
For first aid and home care instructions for these injuries, visit our Bone, Muscle, or Joint Injury page.
Pediatric Orthopedic Services
Call our offices immediately to make an appointment with one of our orthopedic doctorsif your child:
- Has a deformed or crooked bone
- Will not use an arm normally, especially if the injury occurred after someone pulled on the arm. Young children who refuse to straighten their elbow or turn their palm up might have a partial dislocation of the elbow
- Will not stand on the injured leg
- Has severe pain
- Cannot walk without pain or a limp
Our Orthopedics Tools
Our Orthopedics Practitioners
Our Orthopedics Locations
Main phone number:908-277-8800
Bensley Pavilion, 1st floor
1 Diamond Hill Road
Berkeley Heights, NJ
215 Union Avenue, Suite B
349 East Northfield Road
261 James Street
50 Cherry Hill Road
121 Center Grove Road
140 Park Avenue
(Enter "The Green at Florham Park" at Florham Road, across from the Wyndham Hotel)
Florham Park, NJ
75 Bloomfield Avenue
385 Morris Avenue
741 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, NJ