Summit Medical Group Spine Surgery specializes in cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine disorders. Our skilled, experienced orthopedic surgeons are adept at treating degenerative conditions, deformities, infections, tumors, and metabolic diseases such as osteoporosis.
Experienced and caring, our spine surgeons provide the finest individualized care to help relieve debilitating back pain through conservative and traditional surgical techniques. They perform minimally invasive spine surgery whenever possible.
What does spine surgery treat?
We offer open spine surgery for structural and instability problems, including:
- Adolescent spine disorders
- Disc herniations
- Pinched nerve or radiculopathy
- Spine-related rheumatoid arthritis
- Spondylylosis / degenerative disc disease / arthritis
- Sports-related spine disorders
Types of Spine Surgery
Our orthopedic spine surgeons perform minimally invasive spine surgery procedures, including:
- Discectomy– removal of a herniated disc or portion of a spinal disc to relieve pressure on a nerve
- Fusions– surgery that fuses 2 or more bones of the spine to restore stability lost as a result of a spinal fracture or injured spinal disc. There are different types of fusions, including cervical anterior and cervical posterior fusion; lumbar anterior, lumbar posterior, and lumbar lateral fusions. Anterior, posterior, and lateral are terms that refer to the placement of the incisions for the surgery
Additional procedures* include:
- Decompression – a nonsurgical procedure that relieves pressure on pinched nerves of the spinal column by gently pulling the vertebrae of your spine apart very slightly, which helps slipped discs move back into place
- Kyphoplasty (vertebroplasty) – a minimally invasive surgery in which an orthopedic balloon is inflated in a fractured vertebra and filled with bone cement to alleviate pain
- Laminectomy – a surgical procedure in which a portion of a vertebra (1 bone in the spinal column) or vertebrae (2 or more bones in the spinal column) are removed to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves
*The type of procedure you have will depend on your diagnosis, age, and overall health.
Our Spine Surgery Center Practitioners
Our Spine Surgery Center Location
Main phone number:908-277-8646
Bensley Pavilion, 3rd floor
1 Diamond Hill Road
Berkeley Heights, NJ