- Why did SMG merge with CityMD?
Summit Medical Group and CityMD share a vision and mission of improving the way health care needs are addressed by offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient experience. This newly formed medical organization will offer patients a seamless experience across a full spectrum of primary and specialty care, along with more access points for urgent care.
- How will this merger benefit me?
- More accessibility to high quality health care providers
- Additional Urgent Care locations to significantly improve our ability to meet the health care needs of our community
- Improved efficiency
- What will be the name of the new medical group?
There are no immediate plans to change the name. At this time we will use both brands/logos.
- Who is CityMD?
CityMD is the leading urgent care provider in the New York Metro area. They serve our communities by providing quality medical care through convenient access and an exceptional patient experience.
- What services does CityMD provide?
CityMD Urgent Care services include:
- Injuries and Illnesses
- Adult and Pediatric Injuries and Illnesses
- Rapid Lab Tests and Acute Illness Screenings, such as STDs or Infections (strep)
- Women’s Issues such as abnormal menstruation and pelvic pain
- On-the-Job Injuries
- Aftercare Program to coordinate referrals and follow-up appointments
Click here for a complete list of CityMD services.
- Where is CityMD? How many locations does it have?
CityMD is based in New York with over 120 locations across New York City, Long Island and New Jersey. CityMD has locations in 7 northern NJ counties.
- Do I need an appointment to go to a CityMD Urgent Care?
No, CityMD does not take appointments.
- Is there a place where I can find additional information about the merger?
Yes. Visit www.summit-citymd.com for more information on the merger.
Impact on your health care service
- Will my SMG doctors remain the same?
Continuity of care is our priority. Even though there will be a larger team of doctors and nurses to better serve our communities, your doctors will remain the same.
- Who do I call now to make appointments?
You will continue to call Summit Medical Group to schedule your appointments.
- Will providers from CityMD and Summit Medical Group use one electronic health record?
Your medical records will remain with Summit Medical Group. In the near future, we will adopt one electronic health record platform for all patients. This will make sharing information between our providers even easier and ensure that regardless of the number of doctors you see, there will be one coordinated chart.
- What do I need to bring when visiting CityMD?
Summit Medical Group patients who visit CityMD should be prepared to share important medical history, list of medications, contact name and address of your primary care doctor and any specialist you may be under the care of, and any other health information you may find important to share at your visit.
- Is there a new patient portal?
Summit Medical Group patients will continue to use their existing patient portal. In the future, Summit Medical Group and CityMD will share a single portal. We will keep you updated about changes.
- Why does my statement look different?
Your statement looks different because in August 2019, CityMD and Summit Medical Group merged to provide our patients with the high-quality care they already know, across a now wider range of primary, specialty and urgent care services.
- What insurances do Summit Medical Group and CityMD accept?
Summit Medical Group and CityMD participate in most insurance plans though some CityMD sites may not participate in all plans. Please check our websites listed below for a full list of participating insurances. We also recommend that you always verify location and physician participation with your health plan.
Click here for a complete listing of insurances accepted by Summit Medical Group
Click here for a complete listing of insurances accepted by CityMD
- What if I have other questions not listed here?
We want to help you!
Summit Medical Group accounts representatives and financial counselors can answer billing questions Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 6 PM. Call us at 908-790-6500 or email us at [email protected].
CityMD representatives can answer billing questions at 516-783-4600 or submitting an inquiry here.
If you’re a current SMG patient, you also may click here to register for our Summit Medical Group patient portal to manage your accounts, including seeing billing statements and balances and make secure credit card payments.
You can click here to register for our CityMD patient portal to manage your accounts, including seeing billing statements and balances and make secure credit card payments.
For general inquiries or to contact SMG patient relations, call 908-977-9499 or email [email protected].
Please contact us:
For billing questions at: [email protected]; 908-790-6500
For patient relations at: [email protected]; 908-977-9499