Mediterranean Herbed Chicken
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
Try this tasty sauteed chicken for a low-calorie, low-fat,
and protein-packed main dish!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 medium scallion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Mix garlic, scallion, herbs, and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Saute the seasoned chicken breasts in a nonstick pan with 2 teaspoons of olive oil for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
|Serving Size 1 breast|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 160||Calories from Fat 60|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 6g|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This high-protein entrée can be combined with a leafy green salad and steamed vegetables for a tasty, nutritious, low-calorie, and low-fat meal.