Rainbow Trout and Lentils
Reviewed by Susan Canonico, RD
Try this easy delicious, nutritious, mediterranean fish dish for a healthy dose of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fish oil!
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1.5 lbs of rainbow trout
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 shredded carrot
- Juice from half a lemon
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lentils with 2 cups of water; boil and then simmer them for 10 minutes.
- Place clean fish on aluminum foil.
- Combine salt, pepper, and cumin and season the fish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- After lentils are cooked, add syrup, carrot, and lemon juice in a food processor and puree them.
- Serve lentil puree over your delicious cooked fish.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15g|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
You can substitute other fresh seasonal fishes with this tasty topping!