Red and Green Holiday Tossed Salad
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
Dress your holiday meal with this healthy red and green salad!
- 6 cups of mixed dark leafy greens (spinach, arugula, romaine, or other favorites)
- 1/2 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt
- Freshly ground cracked black pepper
- Mix dark leafy greens with pomegranate seeds, toasted walnuts, shredded parmesan cheese, and sliced shallot.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil together.
- Season dressing to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk thoroughly and pour over leafy greens.
|Serving Size 1 1/4 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 160||Calories from Fat 120|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13g|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|