Crockpot chicken and vegetables
Last updated: Oct 01, 2017
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Double this delicious, simple recipe and package the leftovers into freezer-safe containers to make your own, homemade-from-scratch frozen meals to use for lunch or a quick dinner when you’re on the run.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 pound gold potatoes, cut into wedges (leave the peels on for added fiber)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place half of the onions and celery on the bottom of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Pour the broth over the vegetables.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and rest of the onions and celery on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the garlic and the rest of the seasonings over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 hours.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3g|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|