By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Save time on a busy morning by making a delicious and healthy breakfast before you go to bed. For best results, let the oats sit in the refrigerator at least 8 hours. Makes 1 serving.
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 1% or skim milk (or use plain soy milk or almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup mixed frozen or fresh fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, and chopped mango
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Put the oats into the bottom of a mason jar or large coffee mug.
- Mix together the yogurt, milk, flaxseeds, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir into the oats.
- Add the fruit to the top of the yogurt/oats mix.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight, or at least for 8 hours.
- Before eating, stir all the ingredients together and add the chopped walnuts.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 10g|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|