Summertime Tofu and Tomato Salad
Last updated: Jul 01, 2018
Marinated, baked tofu and tomatoes combine in a hearty summertime salad that is packed with healthy antioxidants.
- 1 ¼ pound firm tofu
- 1 cup onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 ½ pounds tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons basil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili paste
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the tofu by placing it in a single layer on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Put more paper towels on top of the tofu and top with a second plate.
- Place canned food on top of the plate to weigh down the tofu and remove some of the liquid.
- Let sit for 20 minutes, drain off the liquid, and cut into 1.5” cubes.
- Stir together the marinade for the tofu in a large bowl.
- Stir the tofu cubes into the marinade and let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade and discard the leftover marinade.
- Place the tofu on a greased baking sheet in a single layer so that the pieces of tofu do not touch.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 450° oven.
- Turn the tofu cubes over and continue baking for another 15 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Let the tofu cubes cool and then place in a covered dish in the refrigerator.
- Place the onion and tomato in a serving bowl; sprinkle with the lemon juice, basil and salt. Toss to combine.
- Add the marinated tofu cubes and mixed lettuce greens to the serving bowl and gently toss to combine
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 8g|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
You can prepare the tofu up to 3 days ahead of time.