1 Diamond Hill RoadPhone: 908-277-8602
|9 am - 5 pm||Closed||9 am - 5 pm||Closed||9 am - 5 pm||Closed||Closed||* Closed on major holidays|
75 E. Northfield RoadPhone: 973-841-4001
|Closed||9 am - 5 pm||Closed||9 am - 5 pm||Closed||Closed||Closed||* Closed on major holidays|
The Chronic Care Center (CCC) fills the gap in care between the hospital and the doctor’s office. When patients are discharged from the hospital, or have several serious medical conditions, they often need intense, multidisciplinary treatment and disease management. These cases require more attention and resources than are possible in an office visit with a primary or specialty care physician.
The CCC transforms treatment for complex patients by offering:
- On-site care management — individuals receive longer consultations and may be seen multiple times
- Treatments, such as intravenous (IV) diuretics or steroid therapy
- Clinical pharmacy services including medication therapy management
- Social work and case management
- Health education and coaching
- Nutritional counseling
- Laboratory services
- X-rays and imaging
Patients may benefit from the Chronic Care Center if they are:
- In transition — being discharged from the hospital, emergency room, rehabilitation center, or nursing facility and are at high-risk for readmission.
- Chronically ill – individuals with multiple active chronic conditions, such as: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, chronic kidney disease, dementia, or exacerbation of heart failure.
Goals of the Chronic Care Center
- Avoid re-hospitalization — leaving the hospital is a high-risk time for patients.
- Stabilize high-risk patients experiencing an exacerbation of their illness
- Improve quality of life and teach self-management skills
Closed: Major holidays only
(Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day)