Neck pain. Back pain. Sciatica. Herniated disk. Chronic pain. Debilitating pain. General discomfort.
Are you suffering from pain, loss of mobility, or experiencing a decline in quality of life due to a spinal condition, back or neck injury? Our expert spine care team can help.
A Multidisciplinary Approach
The SMG Comprehensive Spine Center treats a full range of spine-related conditions and injuries using state-of-the-art technology and the latest advances in pain management to address a host of factors related to your pain. Our expert multidisciplinary team including orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, specialized advanced practice clinicians, nurses, physical therapists, and behavioral health clinicians along with a caring and knowledgeable staff, partner with each patient to provide the highest quality of care from diagnosis to treatment and through recovery.
Our Expert Multidisciplinary TeamView Our Specialists
What to Expect
Our complete continuum of care includes:
- Comprehensive physical examination to establish the likely source of pain
- Advanced imaging obtained based on current practice guidelines
- Detailed explanation of, and education on, your diagnosis
- Outline of potential treatment options
- Customized and evidence-based treatment plans
- Education on corrective behavior
- Focus on minimally invasive surgical options for the appropriate surgical candidate
Our highly integrated approach includes a wide range of medical support services and options across multiple disciplines to help with condition management including:
- Support from Advanced Practice Clinicians
- Pain Management
- Physical Therapy
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Alternative Medicine
- Behavioral Health and Cognitive Therapy
- Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Conditions We Treat
- Cervical and lumbar disc herniations
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Pinched nerve with or without radiculopathy
- Tumors of spinal column
Conservative Treatment Options
Avoid Unnecessary Surgery.
Did you know 90% of back problems are non-surgical and a large group of patients do not even require immediate imaging? (Greenburg, 2016, p. 1024) Oftentimes, minimally invasive techniques such as physical therapy, lifestyle changes, and pain management options can be a part of a successful treatment plan. For this reason, a large majority of our patients’ first point of contact is with our pain management specialists.
Positive Results. Minimal Recovery Time.
Our skilled team of pain management providers offer the most advanced non-surgical options to help patients reduce pain and increase mobility. Services that may be right for you include:
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Medial branch block
- Facet joint injections
- Trigger point injections
- Occipital nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulator
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Prolozone injections
- Perineural injections
- Plasma rich protein injections
- Alpha 2 macroglobulin injections
Our team of board-certified spine surgeons stay abreast of the latest advances in spinal care in order to offer patients the most advanced conservative and traditional surgical techniques, including minimally invasive surgery, when possible. If it is determined that surgery will optimize quality of life, our spine care team will work with you to create a customized surgical plan based on diagnosis, age, overall health, and health goals. Meet with one of our providers today to determine what treatment option is right for you.