The Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery service is led by physicians with subspecialized training in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and neck. We have particular expertise in cosmetic and functional nasal surgery, including primary and revisionary rhinoplasty (nose reshaping surgery), septal perforation repair, and septoplasty. We also specialize in facelifts, blepharoplasty (eyelid rejuvenation), otoplasty (ear reshaping), browlifts, and skin cancer reconstruction. We offer nonsurgical treatments for facial rejuvenation and aesthetics such as injectable fillers and neuromodulators. In addition, we treat all adult and pediatric ear, nose, and throat (ENT) problems.
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) allows you to change the appearance of your nose to create better harmony with your other facial features and enhance the natural beauty of your face. Common requests are to reduce a hump, improve a crooked nose, narrow the nose, narrow or rotate the tip, and change tip projection. We perform rhinoplasties for cosmetic purposes and to improve breathing.
- Revision rhinoplasty (nose surgery) corrects cosmetic and breathing issues that resulted from previous nasal surgeries. It is a far more complex procedure than primary rhinoplasty because the natural anatomy of the nose is often significantly altered. Our extensive experience and intricate knowledge of nasal anatomy allow us to expertly perform this procedure, often using an array of cartilage grafts that ensure long term stability and beautiful results.
- Septoplasty corrects a deviation in the septum (the cartilage and bone that separate your nasal passages) in order to improve breathing. This procedure is often performed at the same time as rhinoplasty.
- Septal perforation repair closes holes that have developed in the septum from a variety of causes. These holes can cause symptoms such as bleeding, crusting, whistling, and nasal obstruction.
- Facelift (rhytidectomy) is a cosmetic procedure that helps reverse the signs of aging. It is actually a face and neck lift and helps restore the appearance of youthful cheeks, jawlines, and neck. The procedure involves resuspending the deeper layers of the face and neck while repositioning the skin, removing excess skin, and contouring the neck. Particular care is taken to hide the incisions and create a natural appearing result.
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) improves the appearance of the upper and/or lower eyelids by removing excess skin and fat. This restores a youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Browlift improves the appearance of the forehead in patients whose eyebrows have descended with age or whose foreheads have deep creases, creating a tired or angry look. There are several different approaches for this procedure, and the optimal approach for you will be determined during your consultation.
- Otoplasty (ear reshaping) corrects ears that are too large, protruding, or missing a fold. It improves the appearance, position, or symmetry of the ears so they blend in from every angle.
- Chin implants are offered to patients with small or recessed chins that do not fit with their ideal facial proportions. They can dramatically improve a profile and create more balanced facial harmony. This procedure is often combined with rhinoplasty, facelift, or liposuction.
- Cheek implants are offered to patients with flat cheekbones or who would benefit from increased cheek fullness.
- Mohs reconstruction addresses skin and soft tissue defects that result after mohs micrographic surgery for removal of skin cancers. A variety of reconstructive options might be offered based on the size and location of the defect, quality of surrounding skin, and goals of the patient.
- Injectable treatments include wrinkle relaxers such as botox and soft tissue fillers such as juvederm, restylane, voluma, and volbella. Kybella is a unique product intended for reducing submittal fat, or a “double chin.”