Our Approach to Family Medicine
Family medicine physicians at Summit Medical Group offer an integrated, holistic approach to care. We treat the majority of health issues that you and your family have, including your physical, mental and emotional health. Some of our family medicine providers also offer adolescent and adult gynecologic care.
Our goal is to understand your family’s health needs so we can offer you the care you need, when you need it.
When you require additional specialized care, we connect you with Summit Medical Group experts. We help you navigate the complexities of chronic conditions and specialized care by continually communicating with the specialist and you.
Our family doctors provide care for:
- Routine wellness visits (including vaccines, health screenings, health education)
- Sick visits (e.g., colds, fever, infections, headaches)
- Chronic conditions (including obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, COPD)
- Minor injuries (e.g., sprains, backaches, pulled muscles)
Family Medicine Providers
Summit Medical Group family providers treat the whole family.
Family Medicine Conditions We Treat
- Abdominal Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Dermatologic Issues
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- High Cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Minor Injuries
- Pelvic Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Shortness of Breath
- Tennis Elbow
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Weight Management
- Yeast Infection
Family Medicine Treatments and Services
- Birth Control Options
- Family Planning
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) Insertion
- Joint Injections
- Lab Services
- OB-GYN Services
- Prescription Refills
- Smoking Cessation
- Wellness Visit
Why Choose Summit Medical Group
- Treating the whole family holistically: Summit Medical Group family medicine providers look at all aspects of your family’s health.
- They diagnose and treat common conditions, including referring you for any blood work or other tests you need.
- They promote good health by encouraging exercise, healthy diet and quitting smoking.
- They focus on your family’s mental well-being, including helping you with stress management, depression and anxiety.
- Building a long-term relationship with your family: We want to make sure you and your family find care that matches your health needs and care philosophy. We want your family to feel comfortable talking about whatever health issues you each have — from constipation to sexuality to anxiety. That’s why we spend time getting to know you.
- Coordination with Summit Medical Group specialists: If you need additional specialized care, we connect you to other Summit Medical Group experts. Through our electronic health record, our family medicine providers can review your specialist’s notes on any tests and lab work you had. Our family medicine providers can refill prescriptions for you as needed.
- OB-GYN services: Some of our family medicine providers offer OB-GYN services, including Pap tests, birth control and prenatal visits.
- Seamless care: Our goal is to make your care seamless. Through our patient portal, you can send questions directly to your family medicine team. If you go into the hospital, Summit Medical Group hospitalists communicate with your family medicine providers. And when you leave, our health care managers check in with you to make sure you have everything you need, including follow-up visits with your family medicine providers.