About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is one of the nation’s premier independent physician-owned multispecialty medical groups. Summit Medical Group has more than 80 locations in seven northern New Jersey counties and one in Huntington, New York. Summit Medical Group’s 900+ practitioners cover more than 80 medical specialties and services, with a focus on delivering patient-centered and coordinated care. Summit Medical Group’s unique care model expanded nationally with the founding of Summit Medical Group Oregon in 2018.
Since joining forces with CityMD’s thriving network of urgent care centers in 2019, we’ve been strategically extending our geographic reach, growing our primary and specialty care provider team and making comprehensive outpatient care accessible for more patients.
Our unique, coordinated care model was designed to provide convenient access to all the services most patients will require. Through an integrated group of providers and comprehensive resources, including state-of-the-art information technology tools and sophisticated data analytics, we deliver strong clinical outcomes while ensuring positive experiences for our patients.
A Trailblazer in Multispecialty, Coordinated Care
- In 1919, our founders, Drs. William Lawrence and Maynard Bensley, pioneered the concept of bringing physicians with different specialties together to deliver better care, greater convenience and cost efficiency.
An Outstanding Reputation
- Our physicians are nationally recognized as innovators whose efforts have dramatically impacted consumer access to essential health care. Our team also includes countless clinicians who are distinguished thought leaders, researchers, authors and academics.
Shaping the Future with Digital Health
- We are committed to investing in the latest technologies to leverage the power of data and drive positive outcomes.
In April 2018, SMG opened a state-of-the-art outpatient cancer center in Florham Park, which features 130,000 square feet of clinical space, a fully integrated, multidisciplinary cancer care program and access to the most advanced cancer treatments and support services, including:
- World-class interventional radiology for both cancer-related and non-cancer procedures
- Radiation oncology suite with cutting-edge linear accelerators in two primary locations
- Chemotherapy infusion suites in multiple locations
- Comprehensive breast care center with state-of-the-art imaging in two locations
- 60 providers and 240 support staff
- 43 co-located multispecialty physicians
- 26 medical oncology trials