In response to ever-changing challenges posed by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), our department is taking steps to ensure patient safety and optimize clinical outcomes. Our offices are open to serve your needs for live visits, and we also continue to offer telemedicine to support social distancing and facilitate timely and efficient care.
The following office protocols are in effect presently:
Therapies and Treatments:
- Patients scheduled for phototherapy (i.e. the "light box") and photodynamic therapy (i.e. blue and red light treatments) have been temporarily asked to postpone therapy. We aim to update our website in the near future with a date upon which these services will be offered.
- A large number of our patients are treated with "biologic" immune-targeting therapies to treat psoriasis, eczema, blistering diseases, hidradenitis suppurativa and other inflammatory skin conditions. These medications include: TNF alpha inhibitors (Remicade (infliximab,) Enbrel (etanercept,) Humira (adalimumab,) and Cimzia (certolizumab); IL-17 blockers Cosentyx (secukinimab,) Taltz (ixekizumab,) and Siliq (brodalumab); and IL-23 blockers including Stelara (ustekinumab,) Ilumya (tildrakizumab-asmn,) Skyrizi (risankizumab-rzaa), and Tremfya (guselkumab.) We advise that patients on such medications contact the prescribing physician's office for current recommendations and treatment plans. Such plans can, in many instances, be discussed via telemedicine.
- Patients with rashes will be triaged by our trained nurses and advised either telemedicine visits with physicians or live visits with physicians. Your safety is our primary concern.
- We are happy to schedule elective Cosmetic and laser procedures at this time.
Your health is more than skin deep. The skin is our largest organ and prone to discolorations, abnormalities, and diseases. The skin is vitally linked to internal organs and to one's overall medical health.
Our dermatologists at Summit Medical Group diagnose and treat conditions that affect the skin, hair, nails, and sweat glands. We offer screening and dermatology procedures for a variety of skin issues, including common and serious skin cancers.
We diagnose and treat:
- Aging skin, photodamage, and other cosmetic skin issues
- Basal cell carcinoma (and other skin cancers)
- Hair loss (male and female)
- Itching, rashes, and skin irritations
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Nail disorders
- Skin infections
- Squamous cell carcinoma
Besides treatment for disorders like dermatitis, warts, acne, and skin cancer, our dermatology procedures include cosmetic procedures.
DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SKIN CANCER PREVENTION
Early skin cancer detection can save lives. The American Cancer Society recommends a cancer-related checkup, including a complete skin examination every 3 years if you are aged 20 to 40 years, and every year if you are aged 40 or older.
Doctors and patients each have a unique role in finding skin cancer. For this reason, doctors at Summit Medical Group recommend a skin annually. At these visits, physicians educate their patients and encourage them to be aware of changes in their skin.
MOHS SURGERY FOR SKIN CANCER
If you have skin cancer and need to have it removed, we offer the latest in surgical techniques to manage and cure skin cancer with the least damage to healthy tissue.
Mohs micrographic surgery is considered the single most effective technique for removing skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. An extremely precise method, Mohs micrographic surgery allows surgeons to remove a thin layer of tissue and examine it during rather than after surgery. As a result, surgeons know exactly when tissue is free of cancer cells so that healthy tissue is not removed unnecessarily.
Our Office Hours
Warren: Mondays and Wednesdays
Berkeley Heights: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Our cosmetic procedures include:
- Botulinum toxins for cosmetic use
- Dermal fillers
- Laser hair removal
- Laser skin resurfacing (acne scars, wrinkles, dyspigmentation)
- Laser treatment for facial blood vessels
- Scar treatment
- Skin care
- Skin tag removal
- Sun spot removal
- Tattoo removal