Interventional Radiology at Summit Medical Group
New Jersey’s Only State-of-the-Art Full-Service Outpatient Interventional Radiology Center
Interventional Radiology (IR) is one of the most advanced technologies available to perform image-guided procedures to treat a wide range of diseases. Summit Medical Group offers state-of-the-art IR services in a world-class outpatient center, providing our patients the comfort and convenience of a non-hospital setting. Located at 150 Park Avenue in Florham Park are two highly advanced IR suites with on-site CT, MRI, Ultrasound-guided treatments, and an IR team led by an extraordinary trio of board-certified Interventional Radiologists as well as a team of Interventional Nurses and Interventional Technologists.
Services include both basic and advanced minimally invasive procedures, as well as, pre-procedural interventional consultations, including, but not limited to:
- US Guided Paracentesis, Thoracentesis
- Port Placements / Revisions
- Central Line / PICC Placements / Revisions
- US Guided Botox Injections (non-cosmetic)
- CT / US Guided Drainage Procedures
- Angiograms & Tumor Embolization
- Tumor Ablation (Cryo & Microwave)
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Prostate Artery Embolization
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
- Pain Management Procedures (Nerve Blocks / Cryoablation)
- Nephrostomy Placement / Exchange / Ureteral Stent Insertions
- Feeding Tube (G-Tube & GJ Tube) Placement / Exchange
- CT / US Guided Biopsies / Fine Needle Aspiration
- IVC Filter Placement / Retrieval
If you would like to book an appointment or learn more about our Interventional Radiology Services, please contact one of our Interventional Radiology Schedulers at 973-404-9887
In the News – SMG Interventional Radiology
Dr. Waseem Bhatti, Medical Director of Imaging at Summit Medical Group Cancer Center, was recently quoted in the September issue of Radiology Today, a publication that reports on the latest news and information affecting radiologists, radiology administrators, and technologists. In an article titled, "More With Less", Dr. Bhatti discusses his perspectives on dosing.
"When a patient undergoes a CT scan, they deserve to have the highest-quality scan using the lowest dose possible. The ALARA principle of responsible dose management guides our approach," Bhatti says. "We also fully participate in the Image Gently campaign to reduce pediatric CT dose. Our equipment helps us adhere to these principles by giving us the tools necessary to limit dose while producing high-quality images."